Rendering of future Alberta Canada property.
The Alberta J Canada building at 11th & MLK is getting a face lift. Construction activities started in December 2017. The work includes:
- New siding – removing the existing exterior shell and replacing it with brick veneer, glazed thin brick and cement fiber board.
- The steel canopy will be refurbished and will have a new glass cover and new lighting.
- Apartment windows will be replaced with new sliding vinyl windows.
- Storefront window will be replaces with new frames and glazing.
- The roof will be recovered.
- The existing courtyard will be upgraded and the tenant entry will be enlarged to include a small lounge and new managers office.
- Six residential units will be converted into ADA units.
- A new second floor community room with access to the central courtyard will be created.
- The first floor commercial space will be upgraded and an Automatic Teller Machine will be installed at the corner of MLK and 11th.