Employment FAQs

Employment FAQs

Q: How do I complete a Job Interest Card?

A: If you are interested in a job that is not currently being recruited for, click the Job Interest Card or click the tab to the left.  Fill out the online Job Interest Card by clicking on the class specification title and then click the "Subscribe" button and fill in the required information. When the position is posted you will be notified.

What happens after I send in my employment application?

A: We will evaluate all applications to find those that offer the strongest combination of qualifications for the open positions. We will contact those applicants we wish to interview.

Q: Will I hear back from you?

A: If you do not hear back from us within four to six weeks, you may assume that we are considering other candidates.

Q: May I send in my resume to be considered for any open positions that come available?

A: THA accepts resumes only for specific positions.

Q: How do I request a disability accommodation?

A: If you require any disability accommodations; we will try hard to accommodate you. Please give us at least 24-hours advance notice to consider and accommodate your request. To make a request contact us at:

Tacoma Housing Authority
Human Resources
902 South L Street
Tacoma, WA 98405

(253) 207-4400 or TDD: 1-800-545-1833


Q: Who do I contact if I have problems submitting my job application?

THA does not have control of the job application process. If you have problems, contact GovermentJobs.com. The Applicant Support department is open Monday-Friday from 8 AM to 5 PM at (855) 524-5627.


Thank you for your interest in employment opportunities at Tacoma Housing Authority.