THA operates the Housing Choice Voucher Program, the Public Housing Program and the Housing Opportunities Program. Each of these programs have slightly different requirements for eligibility. THA's Moving to Work authority allows THA to make changes to certain program rules and how we operate these programs. These changes must meet the following three statutory requirements:
- Reduce cost and achieve greater costs effectiveness in Federal expenditures;
- Give incentives to families with children where the head of household is working, is seeking work, or is preparing for work by participating in job training, educational programs, or programs that assist people to obtain employment and become economically self-sufficient; and
- Increase housing choices for low-income families.
Please use the links below to access the eligibility criteria for THA's three main programs:
- Housing Choice Voucher Program Eligibility [PDF]
- Housing Opportunity Program Eligibility [PDF]
- Public Housing Program Eligibility [PDF]